Your browser does not support JavaScript!
Logo: Western University Canada
Residence at Western
Logo: Housing at Western University
Fees FAQs

How do I pay my residence fees? click to see or hide answer

Please visit our payment methods page.

What are my payment options? click to see or hide answer

Please visit our payment plan page.

When do I pay for residence fees? click to see or hide answer

You will receive access to your online statement of account, residence contract and building assignment in late July. Residence fees are due no later than August 1, 2017. If you do not submit your first instalment of residence fees by the deadline date, your residence space will be cancelled. If space permits you will then be placed in temporary housing. Fees may be paid in full or in two instalments. The minimum first-term instalment is $7,000. This payment is in addition to the full residence deposit fee of $900, which will be credited to your account. Your second payment is due on January 16, 2018.

Where can I check my residence fees? click to see or hide answer

You can view your residence Statement of Account by logging into myHousing. Please note that the balance reflects transactions processed as of the previous business day. Transactions that have not yet been processed by the Residence Admissions Office will not be reflected on the statement, and as such, it may not be an up-to-date balance at the time of viewing.

You will need your student ID and Access Code to log in. If you do not remember your Access Code, please visit the Office of the Registrar's PIN Help page.

What if I am receiving OSAP? click to see or hide answer

OSAP funds are disbursed after you arrive at the University in September. In order to receive your funding, please refer to the Student Financial Services website for information on how to pick up and process your OSAP documents. If you are an OSAP recipient, you are still required to pay $4,000 on or before August 1, 2017 and you may defer $3,000 to September 29, 2017 by scheduling an online payment for that date or if you prefer forwarding a post dated cheque to the Housing Office, Room 3C10, Ontario Hall. If you choose to use the post dated cheque payment method, please ensure the cheque is on file on or before August 1, 2017 and the student i.d. is recorded on the cheque.

What if I am late paying my fees? click to see or hide answer

If you have not paid or accounted for your residence fees by the dates specified on your residence invoice or by the Division of Housing and Ancillary Services, you will be assessed at $145 charge for each late instalment. In addition to the late-payment charge, failure to make payment in full by the due date on the residence invoice, or to arrange a suitable payment option, may result in the loss of your residence space, your placement in extended housing (i.e. combining multiple residents into rooms), and/or a further assessment of academic penalties along with the applicable financial penalties. This step will prevent further registration and will not allow you to obtain a grade report, an Intent to Register form, a transcript, or degree/diploma until the residence account is paid in full.

Do I have to pay the full amount if I get a single room late in the semester? click to see or hide answer

No. The charges are prorated from the time you accept an offer for a single room.

Do I receive a tax receipt for living in residence? click to see or hide answer

The Residence Admissions Office does not produce tax receipts for students living in residence as per CRA Guidelines. Ontario students may claim an Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit of $25 on Form ON-BEN. No receipt is required for this claim. For more information on the Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit, please visit the Ontario Ministry of Finance website.

Portions of the information on this website have been taken from the Residence Handbook. If there is any discrepancy between the copy on the website and that of the printed Residence Handbook for the current academic year, the most recent printed version will be deemed as correct.

Contact Us     |     FAQ     |     Docs & Forms
Related Links